Thursday, June 15, 2023

Sightseeing in Charlottetown June 15

 We are staying in Charlottetown, the capital of Prince Edward Island, for two nights, so today we played tourist.  It was so nice not to have to pack up this morning.  Charlottetown has a lovely historic district near the water and also is famous as the birthplace of the Canadian Confederation.  I was embarrassed to realize how little I know about Canadian history, as the founding of the Confederation was a completely new story to me.


Many well preserved old homes in the old city

I posed in the room that replicates the chamber where agreement was reached in 1867 that brought about the political structure of Canada that we know today.

Colorful flower beds outside a hotel

I had PEI Malpeque oysters in PEI!  Can’t get much fresher than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment