Sunday, June 4, 2023

Really on the road, June 4

 The rain subsided, and we were able to ride today, 47 miles from Goffs to Truro,  with 2300 feet of climbing and headwinds. I’m riding my new ebike, and neither the hills or the wind are quite as much of challenge, but we were all happy to arrive at our destination and to beat the rain.  Of the eleven riders in the group, six are now on electric bikes.  After riding with e-bikes last year who waited for me at the top of many hills, I decided that flattening the hills looked pretty good.  So far, I’m very happy with my decision.

Even though it wasn’t raining, it was cold, and we were all in layers of jackets.  Here’s Hope adjusting gear as we start down a stretch of gravel road.  Ebikes handle gravel well, too.

We are staying in a dorm at the Dalhousie University agricultural college, so we had a nice common room for our evening meeting. We gather after dinner to go over plans and routes for the following day. We have  all biked together before, so it is also a time to share stories of earlier trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment