Friday, July 12, 2013

Shake down day

I have been on the road for almost two weeks, visiting family and friends in southern Wisconsin and in Minneapolis.  Yesterday, I moved over to Macalester College in St. Paul and met up with the group heading for Boston.  We stayed around the Twin Cities today, giving people who just arrived a chance to get oriented and make sure their bikes were performing properly.  As I had been well guided by my cousin over the last few days, I led a small group on some of the fantastic bike ways in the area.  Below, you see us in front of F. Scott Fitzgerald's birthplace in St. Paul, on the Greenway thru downtown Minneapolis, with its lovely bridge, and my treat for the day.  We rode about 28 miles in a nice loop, the last circle ride for a while.



2 comments:

  1. Hi WI contingent and best wishes for a great ride! Glad you had such a beautiful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the ride (and the weather). Will be cheering you from the comfort of my A/C.

    ReplyDelete