Friday, July 19, 2013

Baraboo to Middleton

Blue skies make for nice pictures, but gray skies were welcome today, as we were a bit more comfortable riding.  We had a leisurely morning and didn't leave Baraboo until after 8 am, which felt like sleeping in compared to previous days.  We passed  the Circus World Museum on our way out of town and wished we time to visit.  A couple of good climbs leaving Baraboo helped us rediscover our climbing legs, followed by a great down hill swoop to the Wisconsin River.  It was fun to cross the river on a ferry, a trip I loved as a child.  And of course we had to find treats along the way.  I am happy to report that I have corrupted some of the group, who decided morning ice cream was a fine idea.  I was happy to find a bakery and turned down a chocolate doughnut in favor of caramel, the local specialty.  It was excellent, but I wished I had capacity for the chocolate one, too.
Fortunately, we had a short day today, only 40 miles, as we all found the directions for the final few miles intok Middleton very confusing.  Would that the Google phone app had a bike option.  We all found our way safely to our destination by a variety of routes, but no one managed to follow the cue sheet.
I went out to dinner tonight with friends and family from Madison and Middleton, a fine conclusion to another fine day.
Ferry cross the Wisconsin River
My friend Ziva indulging in morning ice cream
Ceci showing me her playhouse
Why bikers get confused




No comments:

Post a Comment