Saturday, July 20, 2013

Middleton to Delafield

Leaving Middleton was much easier than arriving, as a member of the church where we stayed rode with us into downtown Madison. The bike trails in Madison are great if you know where you are going, and more than a little confusing if you are trying to find your way by cue sheet.
We ventured through the Saturday morning farmers market in Madison walking our bikes and admiring the wonderful food and flowers. Alas, I couldn't figure out how to carry raspberries in my bike bag. On the bright side, I found the stand that carries homemade doughnuts that taste just like the ones my grandmother made. Upon reflection after leaving the Square, I realized the only bikes I had seen were others in my group. Maybe local protocol, or even common sense, says one should park the bike before venturing  in to a crowded space. 
We rode east out of Madison and connected with the newest bike trail in the state to make  our way to Delafield, for a total of 75 miles for the day. The riding conditions were perfect, with a high of only about 80 degrees and low humidity, making the day much less tiring. I even had the energy to give my bike a much needed shower before I took one 
      Saturday on the Square in Madison
    Lunch along the trail. Our support van and great support team meet us every day. 
      My afternoon rest was in this lovely shady spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment