Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tall ships and a tail wind

After a day in Quebec City to relax and make sure our gear was in order, we set out this morning for a perfect first day of riding, 40 miles up the St. Lawrence River to Montmagny. Today's ride and tomorrow's are on the same route we rode three years ago, a good test for my memory.

A group of tall ships was sailing up the Saint Lawrence as part of Canada's 150th birthday celebration, and we were very fortunate to see one under sail as we took the ferry across the river.

Quebec is the most bike friendly place I've ridden.



A bike Ferris wheel and a miniature village both took us off our bikes to reach for our cameras.  

And the views of the river were great.  I love looking across the water to the mountains.  However, when we return to Quebec, we will be riding down the far side, so I'm hoping there is a plain between the river and the highlands.

Since this is my third time through Montmagny, I thought I should explore the town a bit.  In the old city, I met the artist who is now in his third summer of working on a very detailed scene of library, on the side of the town library, of course.

We rode with tailwinds most of the way, the temperature was just right for comfortable riding, and there was an ice cream stand about a block before the hotel.  All in all, a fine day.






No comments:

Post a Comment