Tuesday, May 31, 2022

No trails today May 31

 It’s the last day of May and the last full day for us in Ohio.  Tomorrow we ride into West Virginia.  Todays ride was mercifully short, only 37 miles, but mercilessly hilly.  We had about 2600 feet of climbing over about 28 miles, with several 9 or 10 percent grades, and one that I walked up probably even steeper.  Today I was riding with my two friends with electric bikes, and Stan, who is about 115 lbs. of pure muscle.  (He rode 100 miles the day before yesterday “just because…”). They were very nice about waiting for me and taking extra breaks the last 15 miles.  Helicoptering over the Alleghenys would be very nice.

Here I am with Hope and Sharon, still looking chipper.

We must be getting near West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment