Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wind and water

On Saturday, we biked 52 miles to Kiamika, another very small Quebec town, my longest ride since last summer.  Moderate headwinds notwithstanding, I did just fine.  The whole group stayed in a large  old house, which was very comfortable, except that it only had one bathroom!  It was my night to make supper.  I had planned in advance and brought along some ingredients, showing, I thought, some foresight.  However, I had failed to check with the rider who was in charge of the previous night, and the group had two chili suppers in row.  No one complained.

Today, Sunday, we rode 42 miles to Lac Saguay, an even smaller town.  A good bit of the ride today, Monday, and Tuesday, is on a rail trail, P’tit Train du Nord.  Alas, there are lots of detailed signs along the way, all in French, so I’m not getting as much history as I had hoped.


I think this scene would make a good jigsaw puzzle.




Lunch off the truck is always welcome.  The temperature as been in the forties when we head out, barely making it to 60.  It feels like fall.







Water view at Saturday lunch.


Water view at Sunday lunch.  Hope was braver than I at sliding down the bank in bike shoes.


The dock at our motel today.

 

Friends catching up.




No comments:

Post a Comment